Friday, January 18, 2013

AMD 65

My AMD 65 kicks ASS and Takes Names... 


I got REALLY lucky... I ordered an AMD 65 from centerfiresystems.com (love those guys)  the week BEFORE the madness hit.   I cringed about the 499 price,  I mean hell,  it was only 399 a year ago and I passed that up.  I finally went for it.... I coulda got a used WASR for 450-500 but I wanted something with a higher quality build.  I couldn't afford Arsenal (one day) and the AMD was available so I went for it.

Now, of course,  I'm glad,  in a land where used WASRes are bringing 1000 bucks my little AMD is a treasure.


Here is what it looked like when I first got it.  That's right, not one but TWO evil handgrips... 



Mission First Tactical

If you know me, you know that I like to change stuff up... I was looking around for something different and found the company First Mission Tactical.  Very cool stuff, American made and they have a Grey color... mmmmmm.   I've done AKs in wood, evil black and OD.  







I replaced the foregrip with a TEKKO foregrip and the remaining pistol grip with a badass grip from MFT


Both the front strap and the rear strap are replaceable and there are three options for both.  Also, you can store batteries, etc.   

MORE ADDITIONS (I'm Talkin about Money,Money):


Also,  a dangerous thing for me is youtube.   I find lots of additional parts or replacements that I need to try... in this case,  I picked up an MFer, which makes it faster to replace mags on an AK... more AR-esque (but still cool)

Solar Tactical MFer


Here is a good review from DRFTraining:



This is a really cool addition to your AK and makes for some fast reloads... 

AMD65TECH


Here is a required upgrade for the AMD 65... it's the addition of a cheekpiece from AMD65Tech.   If you have one, check with Gio, he'll hook you up!

Here is Urban Tiger reviewing the cheekpiece...



TROMIX


I added an extended charging handle to my AMD (from Tromix)... not needed, maybe, but it makes charging your AK faster and more reliable.  


I'll get some pictures of my finished product up soon.  What do you guys think... if you own an AMD 65, did you go "stock" or add some upgrades??  

Later,
J

1 comment:

  1. This is almost exactly what I am doing with mine. I ordered an engage and tekko about 5 am on the 12th and will be ordering the 'tech riser soon.
    I really don't care about the base color of the items as I plan on rattle canning next week, and when i am ready duracoating it. Post pics soon and we can compare.
    Glad I am not the only one who likes the look of that tekko HG. Are you replacing upper and lower HG or just lower?

    ReplyDelete